Monday, February 24, 2014

Out of My Element

I'm not really into fantasy.

Okay, so I love Harry Potter (the hub and I have a HP marathon every November!) and The Lord of the Rings (also in the regular 'marathon' rotation), and I am definitely intrigued by fantasy...but I just have a hard time drawing it.

You know, trolls, elves, orcs, pixies...I don't really know the difference (even after watching TLOTR series).

But my husband loves all things fantasy. In fact, he has been writing an amazing fantasy novel and it will probably be some epic movie series in the next 20 years. So get excited! Anyway, he is always trying to get me to draw him something fantastical.

So I decided what the heck.

And you know what? I liked it! A lot actually! Getting out of my element is healthy, I think.
I think I'll do it more often. It's just a quick sketch, but it was a good exercise for my creative muscles.




2 comments:

  1. The reason it wasn't publishing is because I have to sign in. I didn't remember that I was TheGrandma. lol

    ReplyDelete